Jesus is the maker and the Caller (Word) of everything in our universe.
On the fifth day, He created the moving things on earth and in the sea for whatever the purpose might be.
Genesis 1:20-23 ASV
(20) And God said, Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
(21) And God created the great sea-monsters, and every living creature that moveth, wherewith the waters swarmed, after their kind, and every winged bird after its kind: and God saw that it was good.
(22) And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.
(23) And there was evening and there was morning, a fifth day.
Luke 8:24-25 KJ21
(24) And they came to Him and awoke Him, saying, "Master, Master, we perish!" Then He arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water; and they ceased, and there was a calm.
(25) And He said unto them, "Where is your faith?" And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, "What manner of man is this? For He commandeth even the winds and the water, and they obey Him!"
We witness in nature the purpose of everything on our universe to be for the sustenance of men.
That creative power of creation of Jesus exists only for our study. It is dumb to see any evolution of one species to another. Jesus created the diversity in our universe.
Jesus blesses and speaks to the moving creatures to tell them to 'Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth'.
The Psalmist asks them to praise Jesus!
Even the stormy wind (hurricane) is to praise Jesus! Jesus spoke the raging sea and it obeyed (Luke 8:24-25, Psalms 148).
Jesus connects to every thing in our universe.